Scandinavian Energydrink Reviews

Hello there, we are three guys that share a love for energydrinks and in that sense, also know much about energydrinks and have tasted more energydrinks than most people where we live (Sweden).
We will try to post at least 2 reviews a week, so stay tuned!

Want to know in which stores we found the the energydrinks?
E-mail us at: Energytrio@live.com
And we will send you a personal answer.

4/24/10

Red Rooster Energy (250ml Can)

Taste

This is my first review of many to come, so bare with me!
Today I drank the Red Rooster Energy Drink, which just have come to Sweden and is quite hard to find
in shops.
I've only seen it twice, anyways...
The taste is very nice and very fruity, I'd say it's very close to Red Bull but less sour and just a bit sweeter.
I really like the taste that you get in your mouth just a couple of seconds after you've swallowed it, very fruity and tastes of strawberry and perhaps a little dash of raspberrys too.
It's really is worth the money I would say since I found it a lot better tasting than other energydrinks in the same pricerange.
One con you might say about this energydrink is that it creates a lot of foam (?) in your mouth which feels a bit awkward and weird but doesn't really bother me too much...

Design

The design of the can is very simple and not too innovative, it's not bad, having the price in mind.
I do feel tho that it's a bit too "low budget looking" to be overly impressed.
It definatly isn't anything special about it, and on the new cans there's no trace of the "Red Rooster" as there was on the old cans.


Kick

This energydrink gives a really good boost that lasts about 45 minutes doing... nothing.
But honestly, it really gives a nice boost and since it's caffine level is lower that most* energydrinks (75mg/can) it's really cool.
It might have something to do with the Taurine level being twice as high as an avarage energydrink!

Price

I bought the 250ml can for about €1, which is about $1.50 give or take.
I think that's a fair price considering that a Red Bull is about €1.50 which is about $2.
And I can't complain about the price at all.
Tho prices may vary quite a lot I presume.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Taste: 7/10
Design: 5/10
Kick: 8/10
Price: 7/10

Overall: 6.5/10
 ---
Rasmus' Opinion: 6.5/10
Axel's Opinion: 6/10
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Review by Emanuel.


*Standard caffine level: 80mg/can (250ml).

2 comments: